Experienced English philologist, methodologist of FLL, English translator and PR specialist with 14 years of experience in teaching English in Poland and abroad in different institutions and privately. These experiences can only motivate to further work and learning. My passion for English is constantly growing as I remember that people should be learning throughout their lifetime. I am also the graduate of MBA Executive studies- (the Polish Open University and Oxford Brookes University), MBA Executive with merit.
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint ( 10 years), computer course: September 2003
- ECDL, OCR ICT ( 3 years) – Sheffield College in England- BCS
- 60wpm typing speed without looking at the keyboard ( 10 years) – typing course 2000
- Auto-presentation skills - Job Market training at SMG&KRC, HR,UJ and Education and Culture Leonardo da Vinci ( 5years) -April 2005
- Qualified English Teacher Status by the General Teaching Council in the UK(1 year) -2009
- Speed Reading abilities - ISIP- Super Mind course-Krakow ( 8 years)- April 2002
EXPERIENCE/ACHIEVEMENTS UNTIL TODAY:
- May 2011 – July 2013: PPHU”Cars”, Stary Sącz, Position: Administrative Director, shipping agent, translator, PR specialist www.cars-gurgul.eu
- April 2010: Polish Press Agency, Kraków, Poland, www.pap.pl
Position: Press Office Coordinator during the funeral ceremony of M.L.Kaczyńscy.
liasing with journalists, distributing press accreditations, general press office duties.
- Sept 2009 - June 2010: 2 Junior High School, Nowy Sącz, Poland, www.g2.edu.pl
Position: English lecturer
- Sept 2008- June 2009: Spa dr Irena Eris, Krynica, Poland, www.drirenaerisspa.com
Position: English lecturer in ESP and Administrator for “Vector”
- Dec 2007 – August 2008: Various Magazines UK : “ Cooltura”, “ Visit Poland”, “ Life and Work Abroad”, www.cooltura.co.uk
Position: Freelance Journalist
- Nov 2006 – Nov 2007: Interhatch, England, UK, www.interhatch.com
Position: Administrator/ accounts/sales assistant Duties: issuing invoices, filing, typing, writing letters and documents, liaising with Polish clients, increasing sales by being a delegate, screening phone calls, other general office duties.
- May 2006-July 2006: Comarch , Kraków, Poland, www.comarch.pl
Position: Trainee in PR and Marketing Department (unpaid job)
Duties: organizing events, meetings and conferences for the company’s partners, arranging catering, booking hotels, translating ( English-Polish).
- Oct 2005- June 2006: World Communication , Kraków, Poland, www.cracow24.pl
Position English lecturer
25-28 May 2006
Polish Press Agency, Kraków, Auschwitz- Birkenau, Poland
Position: Press Office Coordinator during Pope Benedict’s visit
Duties: arranging transport for journalists, interpreting, liaising with journalists.
- Oct 1998 - May 2006: Lapdevelopement, Kraków, Poland
Position: Project Manager
Duties: acting on behalf of the company and its promotion in London, project implementation.
- 1999-2005 ( 3 months each year): South Africa Society , London, UK
Position: PA to MP and Society Chairman
Duties: promotion of the South Africa Society throughout London, database input, organizing and coordinating Polish staff during the annual event in Hersham, London.
2012-2014- Polish Open University/Oxford Brookes University- MBA Executive with merit- Kraków
2007- 2008 Sheffield Hallam University – Spanish lg course ( 1 level), Sheffield, England
2005-2006 Jagiellonian University, Kraków, postgraduate studies in PR
1999- 2005 Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Master of Arts in English philology
1999-2000 Jagiellonian University, Diploma of the Center for American Studies
2000- King’s Street College, London, Diploma in English as a foreign language( proficiency)
The member of the Independent Student Association and the Student Council of the Jagiellonian University. As a student also wrote articles for “ the Jagiellonian University News” and ‘Eurostudent’, translated brochures of the University of Economics and many documents for the Institute of European Integration in Kraków.
Polish: native, English: fluent, German, Russian, Spanish,French- intermediate.
Hobbies: swimming, riding a bike, climbing the mountains, reading, learning foreign languages, listening to music.
|0.57 MB||mgr/MBA Mirella Gurgul- ZDJĘCIE- 2017